You will quickly reach the point, where you want to replace the standard charger that comes with a 3DR IRIS+. This charger not only takes a long time to charge your Lipos, but it also doesn’t provide you any feedback on the amount of energy you put back into the Lipo.
When having more than one battery for your IRIS+, you could purchase additional chargers, which can quickly become costly. Or you can charge batteries in parallel with a special cable harness. But this won’t reduce the time needed to charge your Lipos.
Instead I recommend to purchase a 4-port charger, which is basically four chargers combined in one, thus allowing you to balance-charge four Lipos at the same time.
Required materials and tools
The following materials are required. Below are direct purchasing links for Amazon.com:
- HiTec 44167 X4 AC Plus 4-Port AC/DC Multi-Charger
- 3x Hitec RCD 44155 XH Battery Balancer Adapter for X4 Charger
- 4x XT60 Charge Cable
The following tools are required:
Follow these steps to use your charger station:
- Connect the Hitec RCD 44155 XH Battery Balancer Adapters to the HiTec 44167 X4 AC Plus 4-Port AC/DC Multi-Charger.
- Connect the XT60 Charge Cable to the HiTec 44167 X4 AC Plus 4-Port AC/DC Multi-Charger.
- Connect your 3DR IRIS+ Lipos and start charging.
You should always place your Lipos into a Lipo bag while charging.
The final setup will look like this: